Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tool 3: Image Generators & Mashups

It is good to know that the word cloud gadgets and Bookr don't require registration which could be a hassle to keep track of your username and password unless you keep using the same for everything. 

This is something that students could use to reinforce vocabulary words and concepts they have learned.  For word clouds, the students could type in vocabulary words that are related to a concept they learned. Whereas Bookr, could be used for Writing in setting up their story board or help support ESL learners by looking for pictures that could help them remember and understand vocabulary words.

2 comments:

  1. Using the word cloud for vocabulary building is a good idea. I can also see using it in science to create a cloud with all the words that are related to the concepts that we are teaching. I can also see using it with the math concepts that we teach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new at blogging and at finding technology tools online. I'm not in the classroom anymore, but am constantly searching for techniques and gadgets to get the students interested and motivated to learn. The computer is usually a sure fire way. I am very interested in learning more about your word clouds and Bookr. The book on Landforms was awesome. I look forward to more information.

    ReplyDelete