Building a personal learning network (PLN) is to be open to the idea of sharing your thoughts and knowledge and being prepared to different kinds of comments you could receive. It is good to connect with people who share the same ideas, thoughts, and interests. It gives you a sense of belonging when you encounter those kinds of people. On the other hand, it could dampen your spirit when you come across opposing views with strong opinions.
Getting more comments on your blog necessitates creativity. Before I started reading 10 Techniques to Get More Comments... I thought "posting controversial issues" would be a sure way to get a lot of attention. Lo and behold, right at #8. I totally agree that the discussion could get a little nasty and could turn away some of the people who don't agree. It could even get so personal that the blogger would have to change his/her voki and identity.
Left comments on: Laura's 11, But It's Summer!, Moulton Lava, 11Tools(Tool#2), and Teachers Like Us.
I love your blog! I agree with you that it is kind of hard when you come across blogs that have strong opinions and are in the other end from where you are. But I think that is also part of learning and that is why we have to be open to other opinions because sometimes you will find things that you have overlooked. Enjoy blogging!!!! :)
ReplyDelete