Friday, July 2, 2010

After 11 Tools: Reflections

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
Definitely the mashup and image generators!  I like the ease of using Bookr and the word clouds.  As I mentioned previously, I plan to use Bookr for geography lesson in social studies.  I also plan to use word clouds to wrap up a unit in science so they could correlate all the vocabulary words they have learned in a particular concept.

2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?
It is the realization of incorporating the real world in the classroom.  Advancement in technology cannot be stopped and our students need to be at par with what is happening around them.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
After doing 23 Things to Play, I thought that I have learned everything there is to learn.  2 things that are new - Jing and Skype and the Mobile Apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment